“Not all of us can do great things, but we can do small things with great love”.
– Mother Theresa
Hometown Hospice puts a great emphasis on training and education of its employees. Hometown Hospice goes to great
lengths in finding the most compassionate employees. Continuous training includes the concept of compassion, holistic
patient centered care and customer service. Each and every Hospice Aide completes “Hometown Hospice Spa Care”
certification before helping any patient.
Aid Training Concepts:
- Normal Anatomy
- Pain & Symptom Management
- Fears & Phobias
- Stages of Life
- Patient & Family Anxiety
The Spa Service:
- Hair Care
- Cold cream / moisturizer application on hands or face as needed
- Aromatherapy lavender oil application to back of ear, forehead and chin if requested by the nurse or case manager
- Aftershave or cologne application
- Hand Massage
- Foot Massage
- Handwritten encouraging / personalized notes
- Lots of Hugs
Hometown Hospice is a leader in excellent Hospice Care. Hospice care is an enriching experience both for the family and the patient.
Keeping this in mind, Hometown Hospice is proud to provide “Spa Care”, a new concept of care provide by Hometown’s trusted
and compassionate Hospice Aides.
Contact us to discuss your needs!