“Personalized Alheimer’s and Dementia Care”
“In My Shoes” is a person-centered approach that begins with:
“Getting to Know Me” The Then & Now
- Personal History / Interview – “My Way” Questionnaire
- Utilizing the FAST (Functional Assessment Staging Tool) to identify the patient’s current level of Functioning/Stage
- Direct Observation & Physical Assessment
- Review of Medications/Reconciliation
- Home Safety Assessment
- Caregiver Interview
- Family/Friends Interview
We take the time to get to know your loved one by utilizing the above tools so we can understand what has made an individual who are they are and where they are currently functioning. We want to see each person from their perspective of “In My Shoes”.
“Who I Will Be” The New Me
- Developing a current & future life plan that fits the individual, family & caregivers
- Utilizing person-centered activities, approaches & techniques that promote function, safety & well-being.
- Provide training to teach how to embrace the new me.
We feel that once we understand an individual from their shoes an unique plan to be made to touch their lives in a positive way and promote maximum functioning with quality of life and dignity.
Contact us to discuss your needs!